Allison found yoga in 2004 during her senior year at Wellesley College. Yoga became integral to her healing from an addiction and childhood trauma. She hit bottom in 2004 and sought out therapy, 12 step programs, yoga and meditation.
Yoga helped her to deal with anxiety and PTSD, feel strong and flexible in body & mind, become comfortable in her own skin and gain confidence. Several years into her own healing journey, she realized that she wanted to help others experience the benefits of yoga and meditation.
Allison believes that her true vocation is to be a source of inspiration for people.
Today her laughter is infectious and her personality lights up the room. She strives to make her classes challenging yet accessible to students of all levels. She likes creative and smart sequencing and is always learning more to create an awesome yoga class experience for her students.
Allison’s yoga training includes:
- 200 Hour Yoga Alliance certification through Open Doors Power Yoga January 2009
- 85 Hour Prenatal Yoga Alliance certification through Barrett Reinhorn March 2013
- Certified yogastrologer ® with Yogastrology® September 2014
- Core Strength Vinyasa Virtual Training with Sadie Nardini October 2015
- Yin Yoga 50 Hour Certification with Josh Summers Jan 2018
- Buti Yoga ® Certification April 2018
- Yoga Shred ™ Online Certification with Sadie Nardini
- 300 Hour Certification with Daniel Orlansky pending
- Buti Yoga ® Advanced Training pending November 2018
You can find Allison teaching Buti Yoga ® on Saturday mornings.